Thursday, March 3, 2016

My Top 5 Reasons I Love Being A Stay At Home Mom (SAHM)

As I look at the title of this article I can't help but laugh because this was something I never thought I would want to do... ever. So I thought.After being at home with my two kids I can't imagine doing anything else. With that being said, here are my top 5 reasons I now love about being a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM).


1. I GET TO MAKE MY OWN SCHEDULE -





Now that I am a Stay At Home Mom I get the comfort of planning out my days as I see fit. Make changes were they are needed and not have anything interfering (like a retail sales JOB). My husband and I no longer have the issue of me not being able to get off work, in the event that he needs to stay at work longer or go into work earlier. There is no need to worry about a babysitter or having to leave work in the event of an emergency. I don't have to choose between work and family. Being a SAHM gives me back a big chunk of my life that I hadn't even realized I'd lost.

2. GETTING TO SEE MY KIDS ALL DAY EVERYDAY-



 When I was working outside of the home, I was usually gone before the kids woke up, and got back home just in time to feed them dinner and put them to bed. Now, when my kids wake up in the morning, I'm there. When they go to sleep at night, I'm there. When they need to go to the doctor, I take them. When they get sick  I have to stay up all night nursing them back to health, I don't have to worry about calling out sick myself. I don't have to stress out about my boss not understanding (or caring) that I need time off to take care of my kids. I don't have to worry about not being able to be there for my kids because I'm spending  hours at work on things that I don't get enough credit for. Being a SAHM allows me to cherish the precious moments that I see and build with my children on a daily basis.

3. I GET TO BE THERE FOR ALL THEIR FIRSTS-

 First time they told me "I luv you" was one of the most memorable days of my life, right along with their first time crawling to walking. I love it when they walk up to me and say "Mom you know what?" "I love you!" There are so many memories and experiences I have been able to witness and there will be many more. I’m grateful that I get to be there to enjoy, encourage, and remember (or if I’m lucky snap a photo of) all of their precious ‘firsts’.

4. BEING A SAHM HAS IMPROVED MY RELATIONSHIP
David and I are NOT a model couple. We have our ups and downs as most people in any relationship do. We work really hard to have a strong relationship and we do love each other.

That said, I have noticed that becoming a SAHM has helped our relationship in many regards. I’m not exactly sure why this is. I think some of it has to do with him feeling comfortable that our kids are home and well taken care of.  I think he likes the system we have. He also appreciates being the bread winner…
There are probably many other reasons too. Maybe I’ll ask him and write a post on it later.

5. I HAVE A STRONG RELATIONSHIP WITH BOTH MY KIDS

Spending all  waking hours together seven days a week, we know each other really well. I  know what to do when they are in one of their many moods. I understand what certain looks, body language, and tone of voice mean. They know I’ll be there for them too. I love when my son comes looking for me when I am not in a certain room of the house and he always knows where to look first. I love that my daughter likes to help me around the house and just wants to be with me. The stability of our relationship and love, and time we spend together are completely priceless to me.
Being a SAHM mom is often very tough and every day doesn’t always include these amazing moments, the rewards and the things I love about it far outweigh the negatives.These reasons plus some more not mentioned are what keep me dedicated and ready for a new day as a Stay At Home Mom.

Are you a Stay At Home Mom?
What are some of your reasons as to why you LOVE it?


This post is written by me for your reading pleasure. I was not paid.




No comments:

Post a Comment